Every Child deserves to play, laugh and feel connected.
Every Child deserves to play, laugh and feel connected.
Access to the facility:
1) No staff, children, parents, or workers may enter the centre if they have symptoms of Covid-19.
2) Anyone entering the facility will complete a wellness questionnaire
3) Anyone entering the facility will have their temperature taken and recorded.
4) Any staff or children with any possible Covid-19 symptoms will be excluded from the program until they have been symptom free for 48 hours.
Pick up and Drop off:
1) Social distancing circles will be used to distance families while waiting to enter.
2) All drop offs of children will occur in the main lobby of the centre.
3) Only one parent will be able to enter to do the drop off.
Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette
1) Anyone entering the building will be directed to the front lobby washroom to wash their hands.
2) There is also hand sanitizer dispensers on both sides of the lobby which can be utilized by anyone entering the building.
3) Hand washing will occur continuously throughout the day for both children and staff.
4) Children will be taught to cough/sneeze into their elbow or a tissue.
1) Distancing circles as well as wall mounted reminders are posted outside and inside the centre.
2) Small children cannot social distance effectively, so we will encourage small groups and lower ratios.
3) Much of our program can be carried on outdoors, so we will be outside as much as physically possible.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
1) All difficult to clean toys have been removed from both programs.
2) High touch areas are cleaned constantly throughout the day
3) Any toys used are bleached and sanitized after use
Use of Personal Protective Equipment
1) Wearing of disposable gloves when cleaning bodily fluids (e.g. runny nose, vomit, stool, urine) and when diapering.
2) Wearing of disposable gloves when cleaning.
Meals and Snacks
1) There is no sharing of snacks or food by workers or children.
2) There is no preparation of food involving the children
3) Food will be received from the parents at drop off and stored in an individual lunch box cubby
4) Reusable dishware will be cleaned and sanitized after every use.
Heritage Park Childcare Centre is licensed and regulated through the Ministry of Health, Fraser Health Authority and Child Care Licensing. Heritage Park may be directed by the Ministry or by a Fraser Health Child Care Licensing Officer to close operations during a pandemic or other communicable disease outbreak. Heritage Park will follow all directives provided by the Ministry of Health. The legal authority to close a childcare program for public health reasons falls under the purview of the local Medical Health Officer and the Provincial Health Officer, and their decision overrides any decision to stay open that may be made by our board of directors.
The goal for all parties involved is that the centre can meet all Governing body expectations, so that the programs can continue to operate in a safe and healthy manner. This will happen if we all work together.
Ratios and Hours of Operation
Childcare ratios are required during operation, regardless of a pandemic or communicable disease outbreak. Unforeseen circumstances could have an impact on both the ratios and operating hours.
Ratios: In the event that some employees are unable to come in to work or are in quarantine, any or all the following could happen:
· The centre may be closed indefinitely. This would be determined by input from the health authority, or by the Board so there is appropriate time to decide the steps moving forward.
· Ratios may be lowered to meet expectations from the health authority, or because there is not enough staff available to maintain regular ratios.
· Hours and days of operation may be adjusted to ensure that the programs are able to meet all licensing expectations regarding ratios, while ensuring that the programs are able to meet all protocol expectations.
· If ratios are lowered, Heritage Park Childcare Centre will follow the guidelines set out by the Provincial Government or other governing bodies regarding priority placement of children in the available spaces.
· During a pandemic or communicable disease outbreak, any parent that is at home due to any type of leave from work or is now working from home due to the outbreak, will be expected to keep their children at home. This will allow the programs to operate at lower ratios and to provide care to those families that fall into the parameters of employees recognized through the guidelines that are provided by the governing bodies.
Health and Wellness
Our Health and Wellness Policy continues to apply during a pandemic or communicable disease outbreak. However, additional restrictions may apply based on directives from the Provincial or Federal Government, Ministry of Health, or our local Licensing Officer.
· This may include, but is not limited to, extending our “symptom-free” expectations as outlined in our health policy. It may also include adding pandemic or communicable disease symptoms that have been identified by the health authority.
· All families travelling outside of Canada will be asked to remain home for 2 weeks following travel. No care will be provided, and fees will be expected as normal to maintain your space.
· All parents must inform the Director of International travel. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination of your space.
If ANY immediate family member inside your home or people that your or your child have been in contact with becomes ill with any of the following: fever, chills, diarrhea, body aches, cough, runny nose, or symptoms specific to the infectious disease outbreak, you will be asked to keep your child home until the symptoms have passed for that family member or outside contact person. Failure to inform the Director of any possible contact, will result in termination of your space.
Drop off and Pick Up
Drop off and pick up procedures will be altered to meet the protocol expectations as directed by the Health Authority. Anyone entering the building is expected to abide by the policies and procedures implemented. If a person refuses, then they will be refused entry into the program.
Heritage Park Childcare Centre will ensure that the schedule of cleaning and sanitizing will increase during a pandemic or communicable disease outbreak. We will follow the guidelines and protocols as provided to us by the Ministry of Health and our provincial licensing body.
Fees during a Pandemic/Communicable Disease Outbreak
In the event of a short-term closure due to a pandemic or communicable disease outbreak (less then 30 days), fees are due and payable as per usual operations. Fees payable during closures exceeding 30 days will be determined by the Board of Directors based on information received from the Ministry of Children and Family Development. Any closure of 30 days or more would also have an impact on whether spaces are held at no charge while a family is isolating for the term of the pandemic, or whether a nominal fee would be implemented. As each outbreak or pandemic is different, the guidelines around these situations would be different as well. Each situation will be decided based on information provided to the Board of Directors from all the Ministries involved.
The ACCB, (Affordable Child Care Benefit), formerly known as subsidy, is provided through MCFD and may or may not be provided during a pandemic or communicable disease outbreak closure. Parents/Guardians may directly contact the MCFD office at 1-888-338-6622 to discuss MCFD’s policy regarding the ACCB payments. This decision is outside of Heritage Park Childcare Centre’s authority. If MCFD will not cover the fees, then parents will be responsible for the full monthly fee for their childcare if a closure under 30 days occurs.
Heritage Park Childcare Centre
33649 Prentis Avenue, Mission, BC, Canada v2v 2j7
Copyright © 2023 Heritage Park Childcare Centre - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy